Pulao - “If cooking is an art, cooking Zafrani Pulao is a masterpiece.”
Zafarani Pulao is the perfect meal to serve your friends and colleagues. No matter what their mood is, after they eat your Parliament Basmati Rice's Zafrani Pulao, they will be elated.
Here's the recipe :
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 15 minutes.
- Drain rice in a colander, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a large heavy or non-stick pan.
- Add whole spices, allow it to splutter.
- Add rice, stir very gently for half a minute.
- Add hot water.
- Cover, and cook till the rice is half done.
- Add milk to it.
- Each grain should be separate, but not mushy.
- Dissolve saffron in hot milk, rubbing into it.
- Add sugar, raisins, 3/4 almonds, cashews and saffron to rice.
- Cover securely and cook till the rice is properly cooked.
- Stir gently, and allow the extra moisture to evaporate.
- Garnish with remaining almonds and cashews, and serve warm.