Kheer is one of the most loved dessert. Our festivals are incomplete without this particular dish. Its grains are fine and meticulously processed so make kheer even more special with Parliament Basmati Rice.
Here's the recipe :
- Rinse ¼ cup basmati rice a couple of time till the starch is cleared.
- Soak the rice in enough water for 15-20 minutes
- Heat water in a small pan. When it comes to boil then turn off the flame and add 10-12 almonds to it. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Take 1 litre full fat milk in a heavy wide pan. Keep the pan in a medium-low flame. Let the milk boil, however, stir at regular intervals.
- Add saffron to the milk in a small bowl and keep it aside. Add rice to the pan. Cook the rice grains in a low flame. Add 5-6 tbsp sugar and continue to cook. Add the almonds, chopped cashews and pistachios.
- Continue to cook at a low flame until the rice cooks completely. Use golden raisins to complete the dish and enjoy the delight.